An account of my 30 day affair with Jillian Michaels and beyond

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Pros and Cons

So I've been keeping everyone I know updated on the status of my Shred for the past month and lately I've really been thinking about the pros and cons of this workout.  But before I get into that, I would like to announce that I did all of Level 3 today!  A little bird told me that it was easier than Level 2.  I would agree that in some respects it feels easier because it's not as demanding on a cardiovascular level.

Having said that, Level 3 really zaps the muscles and demands much much more of the body overall - and by demand I mean control.  Particularly the jumping lunges which I am afraid of doing more than a couple of for fear that I will rip up my knee.  Thankfully, gracious Jillian allows for a modification of "regular" lunges.  I was very excited today to see "jumpies" in the 3rd circuit!  She calls them "jumping squats" but I know them as "jumpies" because we often do or refer to them in rowing.  I would say though that putting the arms out instead of down on the squat part is far easier - but who am I to question Ms. Michaels?!

So, back to the overall pros and cons:
                Pros                                               Cons
         It's everyday                                  It's Everyday
         I have lost inches                           I haven't lost weight
       I am really getting strong                I am bulking up a bit
         It's only 20 mins                        There's no excuse not to do it because it's only 20 mins!
       Jillian is down to earth                  Some moves are hard on the knees  
    Did I mention it's only 20 mins!?


So I guess there aren't many cons - just a bit of belly-aching on my part.  I think my favorite pro is that the video is only 20 mins and without this, I'm not sure that I would want to continue! Continuing = results!

On another note - us Novices kicked bootay yesterday at Rocketts Landing Regatta where we won our heat!
     

No comments:

Post a Comment