An account of my 30 day affair with Jillian Michaels and beyond

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Measurement Check

I wasn't sure at first if I even wanted to take my measurements today.  My husband asked me, "I thought you would wait to do the full 30 days".  I've missed 5 days out of the 30 and although my first instinct is to be too hard on myself, I think I have to look past this and think about all the rowing I've done in addition to this mad workout.

Since I haven't lost any weight, I was reticent to see if I'd lost any inches today for fear that I wouldn't see any results and just throw in the towel.  Well, I can say HOORAY!- I have lost inches in the past 30 days!  I wrote a post in May called Let the Games Begin with my starting measurements but for the sake of ease I'll list them here as well.

Beginning 5/22    Today 5/23   Difference
Thighs -  27"             26"               -1"
Hips -     44"             43.5"            -.5"
Waist -   34"             32.7"            -1.3"
Bust -     36"             36"                -0"
Arms -    13"           12.5"              -.5"

For 30 days, I guess 3.3 inches is pretty good.

2 comments:

  1. Good for you, Ashley!!!! Travis made the same decision this year and has started running again. I'm proud of you for getting it under control while you're still young. It's so hard to keep it off. KEEP IT UP!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Glo! It is very hard - and depressing that it will just get harder ;+) Gotta keep on keepin' on!

    ReplyDelete