An account of my 30 day affair with Jillian Michaels and beyond

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Day 11

Again I had a very hard rowing practice, so when I got home I literally forced myself to do Level 2.  I can't say I had 100% to give, but I did as much as my body could do.  Now, for my rant...

I'm a third of the way done with this Shred and up until this point I have been focused, energized and excited.  When though, do I begin to look as good as I feel?!!!  I put on a pair of capri pants today (with wide leg might I add) that have been too tight around the belly, and I'm dying to get into them.  I thought perhaps they might feel at least slightly looser... I was WRONG!  I still look fat in them!  So, you're probably thinking, "Ash, it's only the beginning, give it time" but hey, when I feel like I'm working my arse off (literally) I want to see that!  I'm tired of feeling great about myself then having moments like this - I'm turning 30 on July 5th and really want to begin a new decade fit and lighter.

So, today I am feeling a little down.  In reality, I know that if I'm consistent and continue to push hard, I will eventually see results.  It just can't come soon enough!

2 comments:

  1. You're doing awesome Ashley! No need to be so hard on yourself. Our rows are ridiculous workouts! Are you tracking your calories? When I decide it's time to tighten up/lose a little, tracking calories helps me the most. This is a good website for it and you can enter a goal weight/measurements as well: myfitnesspal.com. I've used a few different ones, but like this the best. Keep up the good work, you are doing awesome!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dawn, you're right - rowing has been insane this season! I get so blah when I'm tired, which seems to be often lately. I just started writing down what I'm eating today... I agree, it's a great way to keep track and see what needs to be cut out or added.

    ReplyDelete