An account of my 30 day affair with Jillian Michaels and beyond

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Day 2

Today I had an extra hour to spare so even though on Thursdays I have a rowing practice, I decided to have my 20 mins with Jillian anyway.  The jumping jacks and other cardio were easier today but strength training was just as tough.  I moved to a harder surface instead of carpet for the cardio segments - gave me better traction I guess.  I don't think I'll spend more than a week on Level 1 as it was already better today.  My 20 mins of shred made rowing even harder than usual as I was a little wobbly.  I wore a heart rate monitor for the workout and rowing, and apparently (according to it) I burned about 1800 calories from 4:30 to 9.  Is this even possible?!  More importantly I was at peak heart rate for a good bit of my shred.

I like Jillian's tough talking though - it keeps me going and reminds me that without this hard work, I won't see the results I want. 

No comments:

Post a Comment