An account of my 30 day affair with Jillian Michaels and beyond

Sunday, June 10, 2012

Relay for Life Fluvanna 5k

Yesterday I had the pleasure of participating in the Relay for Life Fluvanna 5k.  Following my usual pattern, after the 10-Miler I kind of fell off the wagon with distance running and have mainly been maintaining around 3 miles a couple times a week (if that).  Aside from raising money for a great cause, the race proved difficult.  There were many steady inclines, the sun was out in all it's glory and it occurred to me that I was a bit out of shape!  I didn't wear a hat (boo) either.  Eek.  I even dared myself to get on the scale today - something that could have been tragic, but it wasn't as bad as it could have been provided that bread and wine have been my vices lately!  In keeping with my 5 days out of 7 rule for the summer, today is a Jillian day.  My abs aren't sore anymore and that to me is an indication that I need to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment