An account of my 30 day affair with Jillian Michaels and beyond

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Belly-Fat... Again.

I figured out why I haven't been gung-ho about working on my "6-pack" - it's the constant up and down off the floor and the ratio of head above heart vs. head below heart thing... Finishing Level 1 is like getting off one of those corkscrew roller coasters after a day of being thrown around.  Sunday I crunched those abs and afterwards I didn't feel better - just sick.  My head was scrambled.  A little bird told me though that Level 2 (although obviously more difficult) is a standing routine.  Maybe I should just crunch forward to that?  All I know is that this belly is never going to fix itself.

On a positive note, my running buddy and I have decided to do short runs 3 early mornings a week.  Monday, Wednesday and Friday are early mornings - we meet at 6:30 and do about 2 miles.  So far, so good!  I foresee some long runs in these next few weeks too!  So, my thought for the day is this:  At what point does running have an effect on belly-fat?  or does it?  Is it running consistently that shows the greatest results or is distance important too?  Also, I'm open to any ab-routine that is intense, quick and that I can do on my living room floor.  I've just got to choose either up or down - a mix plays tricks on my inner ear.

No comments:

Post a Comment